A Random description of my everyday life's crap....a look into the ppl in MissItalianCutie's life and their impact... There will be tears, there will be laughter, at times there mite even be snoring (god forbid!) but i promise u this space will not go wasted... if u dont come out any the wiser on something then i have failed....and im sorry :(

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Now which size were you after???

Yes! MIC has moved on. She no longer works for the regime that was the 'supermarket' and now is starting her new job in a nationally recognised clothing store :P

Yes Im getting paid slightly less but this doesnt worry me as I will be loving every minute of my job. Working with clothes all day, helping customers, hot guys walking in for that necessary pink polo shirt.....i dont agree with it but damn do polo's look fine on guys ;)

I have my first shift on Thurs and the most exciting, I get to go shopping tomorrow for outfits to wear, as they insist I wear their clothing :D

Unfortunately tho, MIC has been taken down by the all to familiar tonsilitis :( Well it's been a pretty bad run of it actually, I cant talk, cant turn my neck and cant swallow anything larger than a capsule.

Got the doc around the other night and he prescribed me 500mg of pennicilin, which I knew was not enough as I get it severly so i need to be on at least 1000mg. So i proceeded to get worse to the point where at training for my new job this morning, I couldnt answer any questions or move faster than a grandma in a walking frame. Not a good start. But nice to see the new boss was already giving me shit about it.

'Speak up MIC, can't hear you.'

Ha Ha Ha.

So yes went back to the docs today and he fears it may be glandula fever. He wanted to give me a blood test, but me being the 5yr old scaredy cat refused and instead he swabbed half way down my throat and gave me this pink liquid i have to take. Is he trying to tell me something???

So yeh Im feeling a bit better but if I dont recover on these drugs then I have Glandula and yeh pretty much fucked. He even said something about having to take steriods for a short period in order to get the swelling down!!!!!!!

Yeh i could just picture coming home, scratching my crotch, feeling my stubble, looking at my parents and saying in a monotone voice.....

'How you goin mate!'

4 Comments:

Blogger Hoogster said...

MIC, im not doctor however when i had glandular fever not too long ago well it started off as if it were a bad case of tonsilitis. i too was given penicilin, and when that didn't work after a few days, blood was drawn and it was confirmed. sorry gorgeous, but in my unproffesional opinion, your gonna be stuck in bed for the next 2 to 3 weeks if not more.

Seriously don't leave the house, rest up, i have heard of people who have over extended themselves whilst having this and ended up dead.

11:30 AM

 
Blogger MissItalianCutie said...

touche bub, touche....

but he took me off the pennicillin as it can react badly with glandula fever.... and put me on this liquid stuff.
so he said if its just tonsilitis, this will clear it up. but if its glandula then this liquid stuff wont make me feel better at all.

Im starting to really look up today tho, can moderately swallow stuff now, talk fairly normally and walk around fine..... so it may be looking up. But ur right in the sense that i need to sit back for a bit and relax....

My first shift isnt till thurs so you know what i'll be doing over the next 4 days :p

anyways, im sure i could handle dinner between then, so why not come over one night and have tea with us....

thanks luv....ciao ciao

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Kaufman said...

It's 'How ya goin' mate?'

Bummer about the lack of swallowing ability and all that, MIC. ;)

In my experience of being under the weather - often brought on by a lack of vitamins in my system, which is why I now drink jugs of tequila with freshly squeezed mango juice - I've stayed well clear of prescribed drugs and opted for much cheaper and more readily available non-prescription drugs.

I know people who know people that know me who grows copious amounts of feel-much-better-instantly stuff, which doubles as a cure for sadness and begins the onset of uncontrollable laughter within two-to-seven minutes. If that fails I just call Dr.DogChop for his arsenal of clear liquids and DVDs of slow-motion action of famous sportsmen getting killed and before I can say 'Beyonce, I told you to stay the fuck away from me!' I'm feeling like I was born with the ability to fly.

Good luck with the pink Polo shirt spotting.

9:39 AM

 
Blogger reverendtimothy said...

I bought a pink polo shirt once. But by "bought" I mean "my friend bought two on eBay and gave me one". Goes well with long-sleeve plain white Cotton On shirts...

I don't wear it very often though, because there's always some smartass who yells out "FAGGOT!" whilst in town, and I get enough of that as it is. humph. Guess I shouldn't have been skipping then.

I've had a sore throat for a while now too, so your post is making me a little paranoid. I can still eat and talk OK though, so maybe it's just a bad cold?

4:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home