A Random description of my everyday life's crap....a look into the ppl in MissItalianCutie's life and their impact... There will be tears, there will be laughter, at times there mite even be snoring (god forbid!) but i promise u this space will not go wasted... if u dont come out any the wiser on something then i have failed....and im sorry :(

Monday, October 03, 2005

A little bit of this....a little bit of that

Well its been a while, well really for a while there my life was null and void of any really interesting topic to speak of. But Im back, yet again, filling you in on the endless rant of a soon to be twenty something aussie girl.

The idea of turning 20 somewhat scares me. When I was younger 20 meant those mature girls you see catching up for a quick Greek Salad on Rundle St before running back to the office in a full skirt suit and an immaculately white pair of Nikes.
Well, definitely not me, and that doesn't look to change anytime soon. I have been taking a look at my life recently and wondered how far have I really come from wearing diapers to learning how to insert my first tampon.....ewww too gross, even for me.

Sure Im not at Uni or Tafe, I don't have a 9-5 job and I definitely don't participate in a weekly yoga class, but I like to think that my progress has been mental, emotional and somewhat physical. Now those yoga classes are starting to sound appealing...grrrr

I don't feel all that academically smart, but I do feel smart. In ways of life and how to cope with things....seeing things in a more realistic view than getting my hopes up that one day it may change...

All in all, I think I have finally accepted myself for WHO I AM.

I don't regret anything I have done in my life, not all experiences are good and I find comfort in that.

I've taken a new interest in Natural Medicines and ofcourse make-up so what better than to start doing my certificates in Community Pharmacy, its sorta like retail with a flair really. Im close to finishing and absolutely loving it, even applying to get into the industry early.

Its the people around me that have kept me going the most, and inspired me to finally shake my head and get myself on track for the rest of my life. I love these people with all my heart and still strive to care and look after them as best I can. Yes you could say that some of this contentment has come from finding another person who compliments who I am perfectly.

No we're not one of those sappy couples that never fight, and are always gazing at each other. But we do spend an enormous amount of time with each other ( this could be accounted for the fact that we both currently don't have jobs).

To find someone that has a passion similar to yours, who has the same views yet is completely the opposite to you. It feels amazing.

But yes, I think this is it for me, the child in me is fading, Im starting to take an interest in home improvement shows and trust me when I came to admit that I had to swallow my heart again.
I no longer find mindless humour in Jerry Springer or Dude Where's My Car, instead I hang out to watch Dr Phil and Oprah to learn more about the human mind. God please don't let Days of Our Lives be next!

so I don't really know if Im having one of those life changing experiences....I don't know whether just not being able to call myself a teen is scaring the hell out of me....or maybe Im just coming to that stage in my life where I've grown too big for my gum boots and its time to buy my first pair of immaculately white nikes.

Whats for sure is Im loving the new me, Im loving the way I've started thinking and Im loving that at 2am Im not obsessing over which Macca's Value Meal to purchase but whether a red wine or a Caipiroska is my choice of drink before heading home.

So I hope this change is for good, because I feel like a better person now, and my past hang ups hold no worry with me anymore....I was a kid.
don't worry, you will still be getting the same light hearted comedy reading you have come to expect of MIC.

Love you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Uh-oh. Dr Phil and Oprah? Honey, you're on a downward spiral. I recommend a daily dose of Bill Hicks to see if you can be recovered!

Hehehehe.

Self-discoveries are always useful. Personally, I am "at Uni or Tafe with a 9-5 job" ... but so what? I'm no better or worse than the next guy, and it doesn't make me a better person. As long as you're happy and healthy, that's all that matters.

Also, if we're being technical, Red Wine and Maccas Happy Meals are exactly the same thing... Both are consumer distractions which are not necessary to our daily lives - they're just marketed to a different target audience, that's all. ;-) No one product is "better" than the other, in that sense.

Speaking of which, I could go some Maccas right now ... with some Red Wine to wash it down. Mmmmm. :-)

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blogs/site is very informative on the **big and tall**related subject

7:13 AM

 
Blogger pirategirl said...

Go and make a big noise in the world, whatever you do :)
Wishin you happiness.

5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home